Do you have a passion for improving your patients’ wellbeing with understanding of technical concepts and fashion?
The role of our eyewear consultants is to assist our patients with selecting their new eyewear, and servicing their existing glasses. They are knowledgeable in different lens designs and frame manufacturers, and they are able to independently complete all measurements for the many varieties of lenses that we offer.
They are also responsible for ordering contact lenses for our patients, and instructing new users on how to insert, remove and care for their contacts. They are required to have a good understanding of product knowledge for different brands of lenses and solutions.
The ideal candidate must have a bias towards action, and enjoy working with the public.
- Greet patients in a timely, professional and engaging manner
- Initiate consultations by asking open-ended questions to learn the patients’ preferences and needs
- Provide honest and confident feedback to patients regarding eyewear selections
- Provide information on the best lenses for patients’ needs and everyday life
- Ability to perform technical measurement and adjustments of eyewear
- Work as a team player to ensure each patient receives the best service possible
- Perform tasks including stock work, re-merchandising, display and light cleaning
OUR IDEAL CANDIDATE
When hiring eyewear constants, eyeDOCS looks for candidates with strong communication skills, basic math skills, computer literate, awareness of fashion trends, and the ability to work in a team.
Additionally, applicants should possess strong sales and customer service skills and should be capable of recognizing concerns, investigating needs, sharing recommendations, and educating the patient about our products. eyeDOCS prefers that potential candidates for this position have some experience in the optical industry. Optician or Optometric Assistant certification is preferred and bilingualism is an asset.
WHY WORK WITH eyeDOCS?
eyeDOCS are the premier full-service optometry clinics with five locations across Ottawa. Our doctors and team members are engaged in providing the best possible care and service to our patients.
eyeDOCS offers a continuing education program for its team members, encouraging them to pursue further education in the optometric industry. Furthermore, eyeDOCS is dedicated to providing ongoing training for its team members, helping them to upgrade the skills that are used each and every day working in the clinics.
To apply, please send a copy of your résumé to email@example.com with the position in the email subject line.