Do you have a passion for improving the quality of service for all patient visits and interactions?
The receptionist is the first point of contact between eyeDOCS and the patient and as such it is the role of our receptionists is to provide superior customer service to all patients in our clinics, on the phone and by email.
They are also responsible for the electronic management of patients’ files, for receiving and processing payments and for the administrative support of the optometrist and management team.
- Welcoming patients to the clinic
- Scheduling and confirming appointments in person, by phone and by email
- Work as a team player to ensure each patient receives the best service possible
- Perform tasks including confirming coverage, receiving payment, and general administrative tasks
- Answering and appropriately directing phone calls and emails
- Verifying OHIP eligibility for select appointment types
- Completing monthly recalls to patients who are due for their annual or bi-annual eye exams
OUR IDEAL CANDIDATE
When hiring receptionists, eyeDOCS looks for candidates with superior communication and interpersonal skills, computer literate, ability to adapt in the context of change. The ideal candidate will have exceptional customer service skills and an ability to work independently and as part of a team. They will be efficient, friendly and comfortable working in a fast-paced role.
Receptionists at eyeDOCS take on many responsibilities and need to be comfortable with multitasking throughout their day.
eyeDOCS prefers that potential candidates for this position have relevant experience as a receptionist. Bilingualism is an asset. (Note: Though English/French is preferred any second language is valued in the role of receptionist.)
WHY WORK WITH eyeDOCS?
eyeDOCS are the premier full-service optometry clinics with five locations across Ottawa. Our doctors and team members are engaged in providing the best possible care and service to our patients.
eyeDOCS offers a continuing education program for its team members, encouraging them to pursue further education in the optometric industry. Furthermore, eyeDOCS is dedicated to providing ongoing training for its team members, helping them to upgrade the skills that are used each and every day working in the clinics.
To apply, please send a copy of your résumé to firstname.lastname@example.org with the position in the email subject line.