Dr. Annie DesGroseilliers grew up in the town of Newmarket, just a short drive North from Toronto. After graduating from Monseigneur-de-Charbonnel with high honors, she continued her education at the University of Ottawa where she completed a Bachelor of Science degree in 1996.
During that time she competed in various high level Badminton provincial competitions. She was twice awarded the MVP award. Upon graduation Dr. DesGroseilliers moved east to attend The University of Montreal, School of Optometry where she completed clinical rotations in pediatrics, contact lens, ocular pathology and binocular vision.
She also completed an externship at the Colorado Omni Eye Center with an emphasis on diseases of the retina, glaucoma, pharmacological treatment of the anterior segment and pre- and post-operative management of cataract and refractive surgery.
After 8 years of schooling she obtained her Doctorate in Optometry in 2000. After a month of travelling in Australia with her twin sister, she became an associate at eyeDOCS. Since joining the practice, she gained valuable knowledge from her mentors Dr. Margaret Hansen and Dr. Roland des Groseilliers.
- Special interest in pediatrics, glaucoma, refractive laser surgery co-management, management of ocular pathologies and specialty contact lens fittings.
- She has worked at the Lasik MD clinic in Ottawa and is currently an affiliate for Focus Eye Centre.
- Member of the Ottawa Society of Optometrists (OSO).
- Examiner of the Canadian Examiners in Optometry.
- Supervisor of Optometry interns from the University of Waterloo.
- Lecturer for the Ontario primary health care nurse practitioner program.
- Provides children’s vision screenings in elementary schools.
- Participates in Career Days for high school students as an industry professional.
- Elementary School Guest Speaker holding interactive workshops about optometry.
eyeDOCS LOCATIONS OF PRACTICE
- eyeDOCS Ottawa