Dr. Irani was born and raised in Ottawa. He attended the University of Waterloo for his Optometry Degree in 2018, graduating on the Dean’s Honour’s list.
During his studies, Dr. Irani took part in a humanitarian mission trip with Volunteer Optometric Services to Humanity (VOSH) to help provide eye care to over 2500 patients in Peru. He was a member of several school clubs such as the Canadian Association of Optometry Students (CAOS), the Waterloo Health Profession’s Committee and the Waterloo Advancement of Independent Optometry Club.
Dr. Irani completed an externship at the Jack C. Montgomery Veteran Affairs Medical Center in Muskogee, Oklahoma where he gained experience managing ocular diseases including glaucoma, macular degeneration and diabetic retinopathy. He also completed his primary care externship at eyeDOCS Ottawa.
In his spare time, Dr. Irani enjoys hiking, swimming and spending time with his family. He is also an avid traveller, having travelled to over 20 countries!
SPECIALIZED INTERESTS (related to optometry)
- Disorders of binocular vision and vision therapy
- Dry eye management
- Soft contact lens fitting
- Member of the Ontario Association of Optometrists (OAO).
- Travelled with VOSH (Volunteer Optometric Services to Humanity) to provide eye care in Peru.
- Volunteered with Special Olympics Opening Eyes vision screening program.
eyeDOCS LOCATIONS OF PRACTICE
- eyeDOCS Ottawa
- eyeDOCS Riverside South