Optometrist & Partner, eyeDOCS
Dr. Eric DesGroseilliers graduated from the University of Montreal’s School of Optometry in 1996 and obtained a Bachelor of Science, Summa Cum Laude, with honours in Molecular Biology from the University of Ottawa in 1992.
Dr. DesGroseilliers joined eyeDOCS in 1996 and became partner in 1998. He grew up in the Alta Vista area where he now practices.
He is distantly related to one of the founding partners, Dr. Roland des Groseilliers, and enjoyed the opportunity of being mentored by him and his wife Dr. Margaret Hansen-des Groseilliers for many years.
- Established a specialty dry eye disease (DED) clinic in 2014. This clinic operates out of the eyeDOCS Ottawa location and provides care for patients suffering from various degrees of ocular dryness.
- Past member on the Board of Directors of the Canadian Examiners in Optometry and site supervisor for the Canadian Assessment of Competency in Optometry at the University of Montreal.
- Part-time Clinical Associate for the University of Waterloo, School of Optometry.
- Has lectured for Bausch and Lomb, Clarion Technologies, and Optometric Services Inc. on various topics including contact lenses, macular degeneration, optical coherence tomography, and optometry practice in Canada.
- Participates and teaches at the Chelsea Shotokan Karate club
- Past President of the Ottawa Society of Optometrist (OSO).
eyeDOCS LOCATION OF PRACTICE
- eyeDOCS Barrhaven
- eyeDOCS Ottawa