Optometrist and Partner, eyeDOCS Kanata
Dr. Melissa Ings was born in Ottawa but grew up outside Saint John, New Brunswick. She graduated with a Bachelor of Science with Honours in Biology from the University of New Brunswick in 2003 before moving to Waterloo to complete her optometry degree at the University of Waterloo’s School of Optometry and Vision Science. Dr. Ings graduated the program in 2008.
After graduating she moved to Ottawa and worked at another optometry practice in the city for five years before joining eyeDOCS in 2013. In 2019, Dr. Ings became a partner for eyeDOCS Kanata. She can be found practicing at this clinic, located in Kanata North just off March Road.
Dr. Ings loves living and working in North Kanata and seeing familiar faces from the community every day. In her spare time she likes reading, gardening, cooking and most of all spending as much time as she can with her two young children.
- Pediatric optometry – Dr. Ings loves to create a fun atmosphere for children to feel comfortable in and so she can address their specific needs.
- Geriatric optometry – Identifying and managing the eye diseases that become more prevalent as we age.
- Dry eye management – Dr. Ings is skilled in going beyond the basics of artificial tear therapy to address the issues surrounding chronic dry eyes.
- Member of the Ottawa Society of Optometrists (OSO).
- Member of the Ontario Association of Optometrists (OAO).
- Member of the Canadian Association of Optometrists (CAO).
eyeDOCS LOCATIONS OF PRACTICE
- eyeDOCS Kanata