Optometrist & Partner, eyeDOCS
Dr. Shawn Charland completed an honours Bachelor of Science degree from the University of Calgary in 1994 before graduating from the University of Waterloo, School of Optometry in 1999. He was a recipient of the Allergan Research award in 1996 and the Canadian Optometry Association Award of Merit in 1999.
Dr. Charland grew up in Calgary and practiced on the east and west coasts before moving to Ottawa and joining eyeDOCS in 2006. Dr. Charland became a partner in 2007.
- Special interest in developmental optometry, behavioural optometry and providing vision therapy to children struggling to reach their full academic potential.
- Trained in Neuro-Optometry with experience providing Vision Therapy and Rehabilitation to patients suffering from traumatic brain injury.
- Therapeutic Pharmaceutical Agent certified by the College of Optometrists of Ontario.
- Past President of the Ottawa Society of Optometrists (OSO).
- Past President of the Canadian Association of Optometry Students.
- Optometry representative on the Champlain LHIN Cataract Wait Time Committee.
- Recipient of the Canadian Association of Optometrists (CAO) Award of Merit.
- Former Director for the Ontario Association of Optometrists (OAO).
- Associate member of the College of Optometrists in Vision Development.
- Completion of Vision Therapy 1 and Vision Therapy 2 coursework with the Optometric Extension Program Foundation.
- Has participated in overseas volunteer work with groups such as: Eyecare International, Remove Area Medical Volunteers Canada and the Ascentia Foundation delivering badly needed supplies, glasses, eye medicine and eye care to people in developing countries. Has also provided training to Chilean optometrists while studying at the University of Waterloo.
- Member of the Neuro-Optometric Rehabilitation Association (NORA)
eyeDOCS LOCATION OF PRACTICE
- eyeDOCS Westboro
- eyeDOCS Ottawa