In addition to helping detect, treat and prevent eye diseases, eyeDOCS provides care for urgent eye health issues like infections, inflammation, allergies and eye injuries, including removing foreign bodies from the eye. As trained specialists, we can assess unusual or sudden vision changes and various conditions causing eye pain – and, when necessary, provide referrals to other specialists.
Since 2011, optometrists in Ontario have been able to prescribe medication to treat:
- Bacterial and viral eye infections;
- Eyelid infections and inflammation, such as Blepharitis and Styes;
- Inflammation of the eye itself, such as anterior uveitis;
- Eye pain due to dry eyes;
- Allergic conjunctivitis;
- Superficial corneal foreign bodies;
- Red, sore, irritated eyes due to contact lens wear;
- Pre- and post-operative conditions associated with cataract or refractive surgery.
- This means shorter wait times in emergency rooms and walk-in clinics for eye related problems.
Are you experiencing painful or red eyes? Have you suddenly lost a portion of your vision? Are you noticing a sudden increase in floaters?
If you can`t wait for your regular eye exam, contact us immediately. You do not need a referral, and with 12 optometrists on staff we will ensure that your concerns are dealt with in a timely and efficient manner.
If something happens to damage your glasses, please note eyeDOCS also offers free adjustments and tune-up for your glasses.
Note: If emergency symptoms occur while our clinics are closed, please go to your nearest emergency room or walk-in clinic.