Dear eyeDOCS Patients,
We are thrilled to announce that we are once again allowed to provide the complete high-quality service that our communities have come to expect from eyeDOCs and Ottawa Optometric over the past 50 plus years.
We are slowly re-opening all our clinics and are now scheduling appointments for both routine and urgent eyecare. All of us have been busy preparing our offices to ensure that we can operate in an environment that is safe for our patients, our staff, and our doctors. Our new procedures meet or exceed the expectations outlined by our regulators and the Provincial Public Health Authorities.
Below is a list of new safety measures being put in places and changes to how appointments are being held:
- Plexiglass dividers have been installed at check in counters for extra safety.
- Face masks must be worn by our patients, staff members, and doctors at all times. This policy comes from a directive issued from our regulatory College. Please bring a mask with you to your appointment. We can provide one if you forget or don’t have one.
- You don’t need to bring gloves to your appointment, but you will need to sanitize your hands when you come in.
- Our glasses boutique is open, and our staff are ready to assist you in selecting suitable frames. All frames are cleaned after they are tried on, so we can help manage your search.
- The common areas, exam room, dispensary station and anything else that you encounter was just cleaned before your arrival and it will be cleaned right after you leave.
- Home delivery of contact lenses is free of charge. Contact lenses can be ordered from com
- Curb side pick-up service is available for any products including glasses, contact lenses, eye drops, and vitamins.
Changes to appointments:
- Everybody who makes an appointment to come into our offices must be screened. We will ask you about recent travel history and if you are experiencing any symptoms associated with COVID.
- We have introduced robust physical distancing in our offices. This means that anyone entering the office must have an appointment, even for glasses pick-ups.
- Please come to your appointment alone, if possible. If you are dependent on someone else, please bring only that person with you to your examination.
- We can provide care to you via e-consult or phone consultation and save you a trip to the office. Please contact us for details.
For more information about our College guidelines see:
Although the way we are delivering care may be changed, our dedication to our patients and our community has not. We are grateful for the opportunity to serve you and for your continued support and understanding. Stay safe and see you soon!